Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I got this recipe from my friend Kristine, it was very good and very easy to make! except I made some changes to make it even healthier for us =D

Easy & Affordable Shepperd Pie

Ingredients:


1 pound ground beef- I used 93/7
1 14.5 oz can of green beans- I used fresh green beans!
1 14.5 oz can of corn-I used fresh corn right from the cob!
1 can Campbells condensed tomato soup-Can use low sodium one as a substitute also
8 oz of french fried onions
8 servings of instant potatoes of your choice, mix according to package
2 cups mild cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. In a skillet brown ground beef. I like to season with Greek seasoning.
2. Drain green beans and corn. Add to skillet.
3. Add tomato soup to skillet.
4. Stir together.
5. Make instant mashed potatoes according to directions on package.
6. Stir 1/2 of the french fried onions into the mashed potatoes.
7. Pour meat mixture into a casserole dish. approx size 10-1/2 x 6-1/2, but I used a round baking dish
8. Top with mashed potatoes
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Top with cheese and rest of french fried onions. Bake until cheese is melted.

I let mine cool for about 5 minutes so I can serve in pie slices or squares, depending on the baking dish that you used.


The next time that I make it though, I am going to put the cheese and french onions on about 15 minutes before I take it out of oven!

Serve and Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer - This Recipe is an original by Stephanie Spaltro. You may share with your friends as long as you link back to us http://funnyfoodandfriends.blogspot.com/
Thank you for reading and please try our recipe and comment on what you think of it. What changes did you make or ingredients did you add to it? We want to hear from you.


♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿♥✿
✿ ✻¸.*Making a difference -- one pound at a time *✻✿
WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME ON MY JOURNEY FOR HEALTH...... FOR FUN AND RECIPES, MOTIVATIONAL TIPS AND TESTIMONIALS.FOLLOW ME AT...  https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.spaltro.98
******************************************************
I also have an awesome group you can join, the group is private to the members. . My group is http://www.facebook.com/groups/healthyeatingwithStephanie/
*****************************************************
LEARN MORE ABOUT AND /OR ORDER YOUR SKINNY FIBER HERE!!>> www.Losing-With-Stephanie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment